Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Dinner Date

Today marks my 11th day working as an intern for Standard Chartered Bank in Ayala Avenue. I'm already half-way through the required number of hours, which is 200, and I cannot wait to get it over with so I can finally enjoy my free time or maybe get a part-time job.


Unlike other days, I wasn't asked to do so much so I just ended up scribbling some draft entries for this online journal, and trying to beat my high score in Block'd on my Nokia phone (Almost 40K, btw! Haha. Not high maybe, but I've NEVER been patient enough to keep beating high scores, ever!).



Since I had nothing to do, I couldn't help but watch the time pass by as I wait to be picked up by my dad. I was excited because we'd be dining out at Apartment 1-B in One Lafayette Square, Makati. I picked the place because I was craving for onion soup (onion soup topped with bread and melted cheese), which is one of the resto's best-sellers!


For the main course, I had the creamy pesto pasta with grilled blue marlin topped with tomatoes. I liked this dish, especially the pasta as the taste of both the cream and pesto mixed so well. The tomatoes, however, tasted sweet (I was expecting Italian-style tomatoes - sour-like), like it had a hint of pineapple juice (which is weird, I know), which I think doesn't go well with the creamy pesto pasta. I don't really like my main course to be sweet, so maybe you'd find this good!

Not only was I excited to eat scrumptious meals, I was also looking forward to spending quality time with my dad. With his busy schedule and my late night classes, we barely have time to talk during weekdays, and it had been a while since we last had a dinner date, so it was good to have a good conversation with him about whatever came to our minds. He refused for his picture to be taken, so here's just me:


How can I forget the dessert? I couldn't resist upon seeing "flourless chocolate cake with raspberry coulis" on the dessert menu. I was beyond full so we ordered it for take out, and got my mom a white Toblerone cheesecake as well.

PS. The photos don't seem to be appetizing at all, excuse the poor camera phone quality!

image signature

3 comments:

Chino Gil said...

The food looks yucky babe! Haha and post a picture of your dad! Good first few entries! :) keep em coming.

Derek Ramsey said...

Nice blog!

A L Y S S A said...

I know! :)) sorry was just using BB cam. I had a "PS" explaining myself and apologizing tho!

Thank you for the support, boyfriend! ;)

Post a Comment