Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Her Hair's So Big, It's Full Of Secrets

One thing I observed about myself is that I have numerous ideas, thoughts, opinions, and even conversations going through my head but I don't really get the chance to voice them out. Either because first, I'm shy. I'm not really a girl who exudes confidence. I tend to get insecure too, a girl who wishes she had better features and cares what other people say. It's also not that I have the widest vocabulary or that I don't stutter or slur when I speak, which leads me to being uncomfortable whenever I'm in the spotlight. Lastly, growing up, I was accustomed to being sensitive to other people's feelings. I was never tactless or up-front about my feelings or opinions, and I usually just keep things to myself because I think it's the mature thing to do, and I guess sometimes I get the feeling that people just hear you but not really listen to you. At times, it's not a good thing as it seems like I'm being pushed over as I am not able to voice out my opinions and emotions regarding certain matters. All these concerns hinder me from expressing myself freely, so this is where my "diaries" come in - to be able to "talk" candidly about whatever goes through this head of mine.   

Aside from that, I would also like this blog to document my adventures I would like to remember and share. I'm not exactly new to the blogging world as during my "tween" and teen years, I've been exposed to the world wide web, especially since before, making your own websites and web blogs were a fad. I've had several web blogs that I started but never maintained, from Geocities-Diaryland-Xanga-Blogdrive-Livejournal, wherein I wrote all that went on in my life. For the past couple of months, I've been reminiscing through these pages and the memories (from the not-so-vague entries) all went back to me! So being able to blog about my life's thrills and misadventures would serve as a remembrance for me in the future, especially now since I'm about to embark on a bigger journey which is "the real world" and at the same time transition from a young adult to an adult.

***


Just to explain: my blog, "The Alyssa Diaries", is inspired by the fictional character, Carrie Bradshaw, from the books, "The Carrie Diaries" & "Sex and the City" by Candace Bushnell that HBO turned into a hit television series and eventually, into a movie.


Whenever Carrie would have a conversation with her friends or have an experience that struck her earlier that day, she would write about it. So ever since I started watching it (when it was still showing on HBO during my younger years), I have always pictured myself doing the same - pondering in front of a computer or laptop typing what goes on through my mind based on my experiences. By doing so, I would also be able to improve on my writing skills, which will work on my advantage. :)


***

So, yeah, there. After I have boringly explained all that, hopefully my succeeding posts would be entertaining enough to read! Haha :)

'Til the next post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment