Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tales of Porkchop & Chubbylita: Episode One

Even before I got grounded, Chino and I haven't had time to spend alone as we've always been with friends and family, so it was nice to go on a date night with him last Saturday.

First Outfit Photo!
TOP: blue and white striped polo from Zara // BOTTOM: white shorts from Zara // SHOES: brown sandals from Zara // BAG: black shoulder bag from Coach // ACCESSORIES: wing ring & necklace from bazaar // belt from Aeropostale // heart ring from Forever 21
He picked me up before 7 so we could claim our reserved tickets online. The showing of What's Your Number was still at 8 so we had time to kill. We just went around the mall then went inside the cinema few minutes before 8 when I decided I wanted Dairy Queen. We walked all the way back to the new wing just to get it, but it was all worth it! I had my usual Mud Pie, and Chino got Oreo. Luckily, we got back in time for the trailers to start and saw lots of good upcoming movies we'd like to watch like New Year's Eve and In Time.

The movie was cute and funny, like I expected, since the lead actress is Anna Faris, the great comedienne who starred in House Bunny, Hot Chick, and Scary Movie.

After Town, we headed to Serendra to satisfy my Sonja's Cupcakes craving, and at the same time let the rain die down before going to Mercato. Being an ultimate chocoholic, the two cupcakes I always order from Sonja's are Choco Cream Pie and Melt-in-Your-Mouth Flourless Chocolate Cupcake, but sadly (lucky for my body actually, less calories), the latter one was the only one available that time.

The cupcake, being flourless, is so rich and moist that it really melts in your mouth! This cupcake definitely goes to my list of best desserts I've tried! Hmm, which gives me an idea, maybe I should make one...

After satisfying my sweet tooth, we headed to Midnight Mercato. We looked around and found really interesting dishes to try but we both opted to get the Steak on a Stick as it was the cheapest one that offers angus beef steak. Chino ordered beef salpicao with rice from another stall while I ordered fried tempura maki.

The place was smokey, humid, and crowded than usual, so we just decided to have a picnic in his car, which I personally liked. It was just the two of us having a not-so-fancy meal inside the car with the car light on and windows down, bit romantic I must say :)


The steak on a stick was good, since the cut we bought (which was the cheapest at P80) was thick and filling, at the same time tasty as it came with what i think is mushroom garlic sauce. Although if we wish to buy it again next time, we'd choose to have it medium-well done, cause the well done was just too hard to chew off from the stick. After getting it, I realized that I should've just tried the other steak dishes for comparison, oh well. Chino's salpicao with rice tasted good as well, it had the right amount of garlic taste. The rice it came with had the salpicao sauce all over, just how I like it. My tempura maki was pretty okay for P95 and it was around 6 pcs, it was filling and tasty cause of the mix of Kikoman and extra Japanese mayo for dipping I requested for free!

Although some may not even consider it as a legit date, for me it was. It was nice that I spent a fun quiet night with my boyfriend, experienced new things with him, and of course, got our tummies full and filled (fulfilled, lol)! 

P.S. I call him Porkchop, he calls me Chubbylita (from the telenovela Chabelita)
image signature

3 comments:

Jenny♥ said...

Love your outfit hihihi :p

A L Y S S A said...

@Jenny Thanks, luv! :) that polo's my fave thing to pair with shorts! :)

Chino said...

Looking forward to a million more episodes! Basta next time treat mo na ha! Love you :)

Post a Comment