Wednesday, October 5, 2011

"Octoberfeast!"

Hey, October!

I've had this blog for weeks now but only two weeks into blogging and I've already stopped updating! Mostly because I've been feeling so uninspired to compose posts about things and maybe cause I've been waiting for something interesting to write about. So in order to keep things running around here, I'll just blog about what's been happening lately. No, it doesn't have anything to do with the real Oktoberfest, but it's just that so far, October has been pretty good to me. My September was...crappy.

September 30 - October 1
Me and Chino
My parents
As part of our usual family bonding, my parents and I had dinner at Chili's. It's been a long time since we last ate there, and we enjoyed our experience last time, so we thought of revisiting. To celebrate Chino's job acceptance, we also invited him to join us for dinner.


We waited for almost, if not exactly, an hour to be seated as the place was packed! So imagine how hungry we were! Good thing in the middle of waiting, they gave out free baskets of tortilla chips with salsa dip to compensate their customers' starving stomachs. We already ordered what we wanted while waiting, so the food arrived quicker than expected. For starters, we had Wings Over Buffalo, which is chicken drumettes in buffalo wings sauce with celery sticks and bleu cheese. It had around 7 pieces of tiny chicken drumsticks, hence, drumettes. Although the sauce wasn't too tangy for me, I found their bleu cheese dip to be better than the usual (Kraft's) bleu cheese as it didn't taste as strong but it had chunks too. For my drink, I opted for a Molten Chocolate smoothie, a vanilla based ice cream and milk drink with chocolate coatings, since I didn't find their dessert menu to be that appealing (there wasn't enough chocolate!). Then for my main course, at first I opted for a Santa Fe Steak but then I thought, Fajitas would be a Chili's must try, so Chino and I shared the Fajita Trio. It was sizzling steak, chicken, and shrimp, hence "trio", with sizzling bell peppers and onions, that came with soft tortilla. You're supposed to wrap the trio into the tortilla and fill it with cheese, greens, sour cream, and guacamole that were included. Chino and I started eating our meal that way, but we ended up ordering rice and mashed potatoes to fill ourselves up. Haha

Kyss

Izakaya

After dinner, Chino and I walked around Greenbelt 5 first, then headed to Kyss for the pre-Masskara party. The place was packed, but what made the party cool was the free glow in the dark face paint. After Kyss, we went to Izakaya to meet up with friends and have a few drinks.

October 1
Me and Monica. I curled my hair :)
Upon seeing the trailer of Derek Ramsay's (in case you don't know, I have the biggest crush on him!!) new movie, No Other Woman, last week (especially the scene where he tore his top and revealed his perfectly sculpted torso) I WAS SOLD. So I was really excited (first time I got ever excited to watch a Filipino movie) to watch No Other Woman with my friend, Monica. The showing was at 10:45, so to kill time, we bought Starbucks drinks. I was torn between choosing my favorite Hazelnut frappé or Dark Chocolate Mocha, which I like too (it's just v. pricey), but lucky for me, Starbucks recently added a new drink - Creme Brulee frappé (milk, espresso, and roasted caramel) for only P135. The drink was true to the taste of Creme Brulee, with roasted caramel syrup on top of the whipped cream.
As for the movie, it wasn't bad for a Filipino movie. It wasn't cheesy or poorly directed, the film locations were good, especially the featured resort - Thunderbird aka "Costa Luz". The storyline and acting seemed genuine too, which actually made me think about marriage and cheating. And last but not the least, it was funny! The lines thrown by Cristine Reyes and Anne Curtis were funny, as well as the mom of Cristine's character in the movie. My mom got surprised when I told her that the movie's funny after asking about it, and even questioned, "isn't that a drama film?"



October 4
I've been enrolled in Fitness First for several months now, but I haven't tried their Group X classes until this day (plus the gym in my area also upgraded to a premium club, so I've been feeling excited to hit the gym!). First of all, Group X (group exercise) is a program that offers different classes wherein FF gym-goers take part in, whether it be dance, yoga, cycling, and so much more. So for kicks, I tried the Gentle Flow class (yoga). It was my first time to attend a yoga class ever, and I thought I'd feel intimidated since I'm not flexible and not into sports or anything, but I actually enjoyed it. You really get to stretch every part of your body and even sweat. It was very relaxing at the same time cause in the beginning and end of the session, you're asked to meditate and just focus on your breathing. Before the session ended, the instructor turned off the lights as we were asked to just lie down and relieve all tensions in our body, which felt great! Parts of my body's currently aching from all that stretching, haha. I can't wait to try it again! Or the Hot Flow (similar to Bikram) next time!

October 5
After work, my dad and I had another dinner date, but this time at Terry's in Makati. We enjoyed their chocolate dessert last time we ate there so we decided to come back for it today. Terry's Selection offers pricey Spanish cuisine but the place gave me a Greek-ish feel to the restaurant's interior as it was all white and somewhat classy. For my appetizer, I initially wanted the Pumpkin Soup as it's claimed to be the resto's best seller, but my dad chose to have it, so I chose Onion Soup (onion soup topped with bread and melted French Comte cheese) instead. The soup tasted bland compared to other onion soups I've tried, and it also had a hint of alcohol in it (haha). I actually didn't find anything that scrumptious enough to eat for my main course, so I just ordered Shrimp Risotto (a creamy rice dish with shrimp). It was good at first as it was creamy and every scoop contained shrimp, although I think the rice could be a little softer, but in the middle of eating it, I felt a bit saturated by its creamy taste. And I was also looking forward to the dessert!! :P

My dad and I each ordered Marquesa de Chocolate, a very rich and decadent chocolate marquise sprinkled with almond praline. I highly recommend this if you're a chocolate lover like me! It's the right kind of sweet for me, and the almond praline complemented the smoothness of the marquise, so it was such an orgasm. It also has a sugar free version, for those watching your sugar level. Sometime in the future, when I feel I burned enough calories, I'll go back there just to order that perfect dessert! ;)
Now, doesn't this look sinful?

















Sources:
image signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment